Sharing and collaborating on cloud infrastructure software stacks, platforms and research workflows
The Special Interest Group on Cloud Interoperable Software Stacks, SIG-CISS, brings together those who are building or operating research and education clouds and are willing to share strategy, design, deployment, performance optimisation, application integration, interoperability, security and other related information, knowledge and best practices.
The group is an evolution of the former Task Force on Storage and addresses the needs of the academic environment related to building, operating and brokering cloud services and infrastructures, and ensuring their interoperability.
The aims of SIG-CISS are to:
- Provide a forum for gathering and exchanging experiences, ideas and knowledge.
- Share deployment and operations best practices about the pillars of cloud infrastructure.
- Stimulate joint efforts in solving everyday operational issues, developing software components as needed, building and maintaining infrastructure and platforms, conducting proofs of concept, and defining functional and quantitative tests.
- Improve awareness of software and hardware solutions available.
- Identify current and future requirements and workflows of the scientific/academic community and help prepare national research and education network (NREN) organisations to address these needs.
- Provide an interface between cloud operators and owners, storage infrastructure experts and the users.
- Define, stabilise and promulgate mutually agreed APIs.