GÉANT Vereniging, an association registered with the Chamber of Commerce in Amsterdam, Netherlands, with registered number (40535155) and registered office at Hoekenrode 3, 1102 BR, Amsterdam, the Netherlands (GÉANT, us or we) is dedicated to safeguarding the personal data that we process, as well as to developing and applying data protection solutions that are effective, fit for purpose and demonstrate an understanding of, and appreciation for the General Data Protection Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR) as well as applicable national data protection legislation.
We are committed to ensuring ongoing and continued compliance with data protection legislation and guidance provided by the supervisory authorities.
This Privacy Notice concerns the processing of your personal data in the context of GÉANT Community Award for which GÉANT is the Data Controller and for which nominations might be send and announced on: https://community.geant.org/community-award/
There is Data Protection Officer at GÉANT who can be contacted at email@example.com
Personal data processed
For the purposes of the GÉANT Community Award the following personal data regarding the nominated individuals for the award who can be:
- Representatives of NRENs and their connected institutions
- Staff employed or sub-contracted by GÉANT, by GÉANT Project partner organisations, or by GÉANT member organisations (associates and national or representative members)
- Individuals who participate in one or more GÉANT task force, special interest group, or other GÉANT activities, whether by attending meetings or simply being in the mailing list
- Individuals who have been awarded the GÉANT Community Award
- Current and former members of the GÉANT Community Award Committee
For the nomination process the following personal data regarding the nominating and nominated person will be processed:
- First name
- Email address (optional: phone number)
Additionally, for the nominated person also professional achievement for which a person is nominated.
This processing does not involve any of special category of data (the nomination process involves the basic contact information and information relating to the professional activities and particular community achievement).
Purposes of data processing
The personal data will be processed for the verification against eligibility criteria and then selection and announcement of the winners of GÉANT Community Award.
Additionally, after the verification of the eligibility criteria shortlisted nominees will be displayed on the publicly accessible Community Award webpages where individuals can submit supporting votes on a shortlisted nominee.
The award will be granted by the discretion of the Community Award Committee taking into account the results of the voting.
Legal basis for processing
For the purposes of processing related to GÉANT Community Award we process personal data received:
- Directly from and about the person providing nomination about the nominating person, this processing is based on the legitimate interest consisting consisting in providing to members of GÉANT Community Award as a result of the recognition of their achievements, what is not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the nominating (data subject).
- Indirectly from the person providing nomination about the nominee, this processing is based on the legitimate interest consisting in providing to members of GÉANT Community Award as a result of the recognition of their achievements, what is not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the nominee (data subject).
You have right to:
- Access your data
- Rectify your data
Moreover, you have the right to file a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl
Please note that submitting Data Subject Access Request might be connected with providing information confirming your identity and the legal basis for this processing is compliance with legal obligation (ensuring data subject access request).
Data will be disclosed to the GÉANT Community Award Committee members within EU/EEA.
All data processed is stored within the EU/EEA.
Personal data associated with the award submission is kept as long as necessary and kept for no longer than 12 months.
For the results of the winners of the GÉANT Community Award – for the research purposes we aim to keep it as long as necessary – if you wish otherwise please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Automated decision making
This processing does not involve automated decision making.