GÉANT honours community members who have made outstanding contributions to collaborative work and the development of services and technologies, people who have shared their ideas, expertise and time with the community.
We recognise that such contributions are often provided voluntarily and through the good will of employer organisations.
28 February 2022 - Nominations close
16 March 2022 - Shortlist is published - Voting opens
13 April 2022 - Voting closes
May 2022 - Community Award Committee selects awardee
13 June 2022 - GÉANT Community Award announcement and ceremony
Shortlist of nominees
- Chair of the GÉANT Board of Directors - Andreas Dudler (SWITCH)
- Chair of the GÉANT Community Committee – Claudio Allocchio (GARR)
- Chair of the TNC22 Programme Committee – Anna Wilson (HEAnet)
- CEO / representative of TNC22 host organisation – Federico Ruggieri (GARR)
- CEO GÉANT – Erik Huizer
Who can nominate
- Representatives of NRENs and their connected institutions
- Staff employed or sub-contracted by GÉANT, by GÉANT Project partner organisations, or by GÉANT member organisations (associates and national or representative members)
- Individuals who participate in one or more GÉANT task force, special interest group, or other GÉANT activities, whether by attending meetings or simply being in the mailing list
- Individuals who have been awarded the GÉANT Community Award
- Current and former members of the GÉANT Community Award Committee
Candidates eligible for the GÉANT Community Award are individuals (or organisations) from across the GÉANT community (including, but not limited to, NREN staff, GÉANT staff, GÉANT project participants, researchers, academics, etc.) nominated by people who are qualified to nominate (please refer to section 'Who can nominate'). Self-nominations cannot be accepted.
While posthumous recognitions will be considered, it is envisaged that the community award principally honours active members of the community.
- Initiators of significant new ideas or improvements which have had lasting impact on the organisation, project or community.
- Impactful contributors to the GÉANT project or wider community activities over a sustained period of time.
- Outstanding contributions to the project or community which have immediately led to significant and recognisable new ideas, developments or improvements over the last 12 months.
The award ceremony and celebration take place at TNC, GÉANT's flagship conference.